Everything You Need To Know About the Akwa Ibom State University – also known as AKSU – is one of Nigeria’s best universities.
in this article, I will give you a clue about AKSU, have you ever asked the question “how to gain admission into the Akwa Ibom State University? What are the courses offered at AKSU? What is the best way to gain admission to Akwa Ibom State University? how many scores do I need in the jamb to gain admission into AKSU??
About Akwa Ibom State University. many students want to gain admission into AKSU but, most of these students do not know the background of the university.
Akwa Ibom State University is a conventional, multi-campus institution. The main campus is located at Ikot Akpaden, Mkpat Enin Local Government Area. It adjoins the confluence of Ikot Akpaden – Eastern Obolo road and Eket – Ikot Abasi highway. The next campus is located at Obio Akpa, Oruk Anam Local Government Area, along Abak – Ikot Okoro Road.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Office
- University Library
- Works Department
- Health Services
- Students’ Affairs Division
The organizational structure of the University is patterned, to a large extent on the structures of most other Universities in Nigeria. The administrative structure of the University includes the following bodies:
- University Governing Council
- University Senate
- University Congregation
AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY GOVERNING COUNCIL
The Governing Council of Akwa Ibom State University is responsible for the general policies and operations of the University in matters of University property which the Council owns, the finances of the University, matters of discipline as well as the Conditions of service of all staff of the University. Its powers have been specified in the Law establishing the University.
THE UNIVERSITY SENATE
The Senate is the highest academic body of the University. The Senate deals with matters of admissions, organization and control of teaching, academic programmes of departments including course contents, matters of examinations, the establishment of new programmes, accreditation of academic programmes, matriculation and graduation, discipline of students and promotion of research in the University.
Functions of the Senate
The following shall be the major functions of the University Senate:
- Organisation and control of Faculties, Departments and other academic units, admission and discipline of students, courses of study, examinations, award of degrees and such other qualification, and to promote research;
- Make recommendations to the Governing Council on appointments of persons to the position of Professor Emeritus and consideration of persons for the award of honorary fellowships or degrees;
- Supervision of students and the regulation of their conduct;
- Determination and description of the academic dress of the university and regulation of the use of such academic dress.
THE UNIVERSITY CONGREGATION
The Congregation has a general function of serving as a forum for discussing any University problem, or issue and to make a recommendation to the Council and Senate. The Congregation is made up of the general assembly of senior degree-holding members of the University, both academic and non-teaching.
That is all for now on the topic, check back later for possible updates, Don’t forget to share the article by using the share buttons.
- Lai Mohammed Denied Giving Order To Suspend BBNaija 2020 - July 26, 2020
- BSUM Post Utme Form Out Now 2020 And Requirements - July 22, 2020
- Mind Blowing Reasons Why You Should Study At BIU 2020 - July 22, 2020